Kellan turned 11 months on Thursday, September 20. We are on vacation right now but we brought his sticker with us and we took our 11 month pictures on-the-road! Since we are not at home I could not measure him but I do know that he weighed 24 pounds when we left. I can update the height and head circumference when we get back and next month we will go to the doctor for more accurate stats.
Height: 30 inches long
Head Circumference: 18 1/2 inches
Sleeping: Kellan's bed time is still 8:30-9 pm. Most nights its closer to 9. He is officially sleeping through the night. He wakes up anywhere between 6 and 7 am, nurses again and sometimes will go back to sleep but lately he is up and ready to play by 7:30.
*Note* This was his schedule before we embarked on an 11 day adventure on the west coast. Who knows what in the world his schedule will look like when we are back home! His body clock is going to be all out of whack!
Eating: I'm still making all of Kellan's food and he continues to be a fantastic eater. He has 3 meals a day with breakfast being between 8:30-9 am. He usually eats half of an avocado and half of a banana cut up into pieces so that he can feed himself. He can also feed himself homemade pear/apple gummies, cooked carrot, papaya, cantaloupe, mango, kiwi, sweet potato crackers, cut up pieces of meat, and cheese pieces. Around 12:00-12:30 he has lunch which is when I introduce a new food for 4 days in a row (this is in case he has an allergic reaction or upset stomach I can trace it back to the new food). In addition to the new food he either has a fruit, vegetable, or yogurt that he has eaten before. Around 5:30-6:00 he has dinner which always includes a meat, a fruit and a vegetable.
In addition to the foods he's already had, now he's tried eggplant, spinach, kale, beets, sweet potato crackers, and a coconut custard. Daddy even fed him some elk since we have been in Oregon.
*I should also note that on our trip Kellan is eating us out of house and home. We ordered his first meal from a restaurant that was all his own. He ate almost the entire piece of salmon and several pieces of his zucchini and squash. He seems to be a bottomless pit and always wants more!
|Dad are you SURE you got all of the avocado out of here?|
Clothes: Kellan is mostly wearing 12 months. He has several 18 months pajamas and outfits that he wears too. We have lots of hand-me-downs from my nephew Owen but pretty soon we will be going fall/winter clothes shopping for some new size 18 months/2T outfits to get us through the next couple of seasons. He is still wearing size 4 diapers and although we did buy him one pair of shoes, size 6, they are big and we bought them for him to grow into. We haven't had him formally measured so I still think he is around a size 5.
1. Kellan is totally crawling on all fours 100% of the time. He does not like to sit down for long and is pulling up on everything. When you try to sit him down he locks his legs and wants to stand. He can walk from one piece of furniture to the next and you never know where you are going to find him. If he can reach it, it will eventually get pulled down to the floor.
2. He "talks" to us all the time and tries to copy parts of the words that we say. Lately we have been saying "Ready! Set! Go!" and it sounds like he is saying "Dee! Sey! Doe!" He is actually saying ma-ma a lot more often. It is most often when he is mad or in distress....I'm not sure what to think of that. Of course da da is still heard a lot. He still babbles a lot but the sounds he's making are often him trying to copy what we've just said.
3. We are now up to 5 teeth. He has two on the bottom and three on the top.
4. He visited his 4th and 5th state last week, Oregon and Washington. We live in Virginia, have visited my family in North Carolina, and vacationed in Florida.
5. Kellan has had his feet on the Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and Gulf of Mexico shores, all before one year of life!
6. His personality is growing by leaps and bounds. He is developing such a sense of humor and it is so easy to get him to laugh hysterically. He knows what he does and doesn't like and is turning into a very strong willed little man.
7. By "strong-willed" I mean that we have a screamer on our hands. I have no idea where it has come from or how to stop it but sometimes he just screams. He will clench his little fists and just scream at the top of his lungs. It is starting to become a battle in restaurants because if you don't feed him fast enough he unleashes his fury. We are hoping its a stage.
8. Kellan loves dogs and kids. Whenever he sees a dog (of any type or size) or child (from infant to 16 years old) he starts pointing, bouncing in his seat, and laughing and grinning from ear to ear. Nothing makes him more excited. He is not scared of dogs one bit...this can be a good thing and a bad thing.
9. Changing Kellan's diaper has become next to impossible. As soon as you lay him down and look in his diaper he tries to sit up and starts squirming away. I feel like I am in a wrestling match...it is a serious struggle trying to get a clean diaper back on him.
10. He has recently started dropping (throwing) things over the side of his high chair or stroller, looking over the side at the object, and saying "Oh!" He is trying to say "Uh-oh." I have had many conversations with him trying to explain that throwing something on the floor intentionally is not an "Uh-oh," an "Uh-oh" is an accident. These little talks have done no good...we hear quite a few "Oh!'s" throughout the day.