Friday, September 21, 2012

Food Friday: The Best Cornbread Ever

I did a previous post on how much we love Prince George Barbeque and how awesome their cornbread is.  It is so good its like dessert!  This recipe is the closest to their cornbread that I can find.  It is really good and really easy.  I found this recipe on pinterest and the original pinner called it Firehouse Cornbread.
 
To start you will need 2 cups of Bisquick, 6 tablespoons of corn meal, and 1/2 cup of sugar...preheat oven to 350 degrees

Stir until well blended

Next you will need 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of butter (melted), and 1 cup of milk

Melt the butter and then add to the dry ingredients you have already mixed

Add the milk first, stir, and then add 2 eggs (you don't want the hot butter to "scramble" your eggs)
Stir until mixed completely


Grease an 8X8 dish with either butter or non-stick spray

Pour into your greased dish and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees

The finished product had already been dug into before I could take a picture...Michael said oops...well this will just show how good it really is!

Its great warmed over the next day too so you can still enjoy it with leftovers.  I made it with a London Broil, carrots, and potatoes in the crock pot.  Be warned...I'm pretty certain that this is NOT healthy but I know for a fact that it is highly addictive!  

No comments:

Post a Comment