Kellan turned 10 months on Monday, August 20. I can not believe that in 2 months we will have a one year old! Since there is not a well baby doctor visit for 10 months these are the measurements that I could get.
Height: 30 inches long
Weight: 23 pounds
Head Circumference: 18 1/2 inches
Sleeping: Kellan's bed time is still 8:30-9 pm. Most nights its closer to 9. He is officially sleeping through the night. He wakes up anywhere between 6 and 7 am, nurses and then goes back to sleep until 8:30.
Eating: I'm still making all of Kellan's food and he continues to be a fantastic eater. He has 3 meals a day with breakfast being between 8:30-9 am. He usually eats half of an avocado and half of a banana cut up into pieces so that he can feed himself. He can also feed himself homemade pear/apple gummies, cooked carrot, papaya, cantaloupe, mango, kiwi, and cheese pieces. Around 12:00-12:30 he has lunch which is when I introduce a new food for 4 days in a row (this is in case he has an allergic reaction or upset stomach I can trace it back to the new food). In addition to the new food he either has a fruit, vegetable, or yogurt that he has eaten before. Around 5:30-6:00 he has dinner which always includes a meat and either a fruit or a vegetable. In addition to the foods he's already had, now he's also tried cod, salmon, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, and cheese. He hasn't turned down any of them! We have also started seasoning his meats with cooked onion, garlic, and olive oil.
|Stuffing his mouth full of cheese!|
Drinking: Kellan is exclusively breastfed and nurses about 4 times a day (when he wakes up in the morning, after his morning nap, after his afternoon nap, and then before bed). He can drink out of a sippy cup but mostly wants to play with it between taking a sip here or there. He only drinks water and breast milk.
Clothes: Kellan has one or two 9 month onsies that he can wear but is mostly wearing 12 months. He has several 18 months pajamas that he wears too. I'm sure it is just a matter of time before the 12 month sizes are too small for our little porker. He is wearing size 4 diapers and I can not believe it but I think he wears a size 5 shoe! We haven't been serious about shoe shopping yet since he seems so much more comfortable barefoot in this hot weather but when I try different shoes on him from our nephew Owen, it seems that size 5 is it!
1. Kellan has begun to get up on all fours and crawl. He will go a little ways and then belly flops and takes off doing his army crawl across the floor. He knows how to crawl on all fours but he is so much faster on his belly. Right now he is switching back and forth between the two.
2. He "talks" to us all the time and he has added several new "words" to his vocabulary. Of course da da is still heard most frequently but now we hear bye, yeah, and ooooooo. Every now and then he will come out with a ma ma but its not very often! He still babbles a lot and I've noticed that the sounds he's making are often him trying to copy what we've just said. His bye bye sounds like da da but he waves and says it when someone is leaving.
3. We are now up to 3 teeth. He has two on the bottom and one on the top.
4. Luckily the whiny phase when I leave the room has mostly passed. He still will try to follow me but he doesn't get upset and sometimes will even continue playing on his own. There are still times that he has a breakdown when he sees me walking away from him but not very often.
5. He continues to get into EVERYTHING! Michael put locks on all of the kitchen cabinets so he can't get into those anymore but now he has started exploring drawers and the cabinet that the trash can is in. Just today I caught him digging in a plant, grabbing a handful of dirt, and was just about to eat it when I yelled no! and scared him to death. He still loves to pull out his toys, books, and our magazines one by one. His new method of find a toy is to turn his toy basket completely over and dumping them all out.
|He pulled his swing down, got it somehow wrapped around his walker and pulled it around the house|
6. Kellan still loves tags, his brush, and books. When he is at home he goes from toy to toy in his toy basket and will play independently for a long time. He likes to push his walker and a car that was Michael's when he was a baby. He loves for one of us to push him around in the car or his zebra. He has gained a big appreciation for his glow worm, beach ball and "touch" books that have animals with fur that you can feel or flaps that he can open. He will look at them and turn the pages one at a time and feel each picture.
7. He loves to hear music or singing on the TV. Whenever he hears music he stops what he is doing and crawls to see the TV. It is especially funny when the commercial of Mitt Romney singing America the Beautiful comes on because he takes off as fast as he can to come from wherever he is and cranes his neck to see.
8. Kellan is pulling up on everything. He tries to stand up by pulling on his toy basket, the dishwasher, the refrigerator, the coffee table, the foot of our bed, and even the backs of my legs. He mostly gets up to his knees and attempts to get on his feet but there hasn't been any standing yet. We need to get rid of our glass top coffee table because he tries to stand underneath it and gets mad when his head hits. He also tries to pull up on his walker but it rolls away from him!
9. He has been really using his pointer finger lately. He points to everything. He also rubs his touch books with his little pointer finger sticking out. Sometimes he points and says "oooooooo!"
10. Kellan has started giving kisses when you ask for one. He will lean towards you with his mouth open and touch your face with his lips. I warn you, his kisses can get pretty wet!
11. I have learned that just because Kellan can't communicate with words doesn't mean that he can't understand us. He may only be 10 months old but he knows what is going on a lot more than I have been giving him credit. One day he tore 2 of the flaps off of one of his books and chewed them up. When I saw the book I kept saying "Kellan :(" in a disappointed voice. He started swinging his little arms by his sides looking as guilty as could be. I held the book up and said "Kellan, oh no. Look what you did :(" He leaned forward and tried to give me a kiss, put his head on my shoulder, patted my back, and then his bottom lip came out and he just started crying. He definitely understood that I was not happy with him.
12. Kellan has a ton of hair and it just keeps getting thicker and thicker. At times it can really look wild! Michael thinks its time for a hair cut but I can't bear to cut it yet.
|Do you see that adorable curl? We can't cut that!|