Friday, August 17, 2012

Food Friday: Garlic and Balsamic Encrusted Pork Tenderloin

I try to shop intelligently at the grocery store and buy meats according to what is on sale.  I stock up on chicken breasts, ground chicken and turkey, steaks, pork tenderloins, pork chops, London broil, etc. when it is on sale and then I freeze whatever we are not going to cook within the week.  It makes it much easier to plan meals when I have options already in the freezer and I don't have to run to the grocery store every time I make dinner.

I especially like pork tenderloins because we can get two meals from one package.  I take one of the tenderloins and freeze it and cook the other.  One is more than enough for just the two of us.  I found this recipe on Pinterest and have since used it a couple of times.  It is super easy and really good.  Another characteristic I like about this recipe is that I almost always have the ingredients on hand.

Balsalmic vinegar, garlic, olive oil, seasoning salt, pepper

Ingredients

4-5 garlic cloves (I keep a jar of minced garlic in the refrigerator and that is what I use.  1/2 teaspoon = 1 clove)
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pork tenderloins (I only cook one and freeze the other but this recipe is for 2)
Seasoning salt
Pepper
2 tablespoons Canola oil


Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Sprinkle both sides with seasoning salt and pepper.
Mix together garlic, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.
Pour the mixture over the tenderloin and rub it in on both sides. If possible, marinate over night in the refridgerator.   It is ok to cook immediately too.



Heat Canola oil over medium-high heat.  Sear tenderloin on all sides until browned all over.


I use the tongs to brown the sides too.

Set the oven timer for 20 minutes and cook at 400 degrees.  Check for internal temperature to reach 160 degrees.  After 20 minutes I put mine back in for another 5-10 minutes.



Let meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing
Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to tell you that we tried the cauliflower last week and had it again this week! Ed used the same seasoning salt in your picture and it was delicious. This pork sounds yummy as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! I'm glad you guys like it too! We've had it twice the last 2 weeks also. The Emporia grocery stores are going to wonder what has caused the sudden run on cauliflower! :)

      Delete
  2. I love roasting vegetables as opposed to steaming them.. Roasted asparagus is my fave!

    ReplyDelete