Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Raleigh Birthday Lunch :)

A week after my actual birthday and the celebration continued!  Sunday afternoon Michael, Kellan, and I met some of my friends that live in Raleigh at The Pit, a fantastic barbeque restaurant in downtown.  This lunch was originally supposed to be a surprise but I don't know if I have mentioned before how bad of a secret keeper Michael is.  When he got home from work Friday afternoon he told me that he had a surprise for me on Sunday and we had to leave home at 12:00.  I never asked him what the surprise was, I didn't even try to guess.  Later on in conversation I mentioned that I needed to plan a day to visit my friends in Raleigh and Michael immediately tells me that that is where we are going on Sunday to have lunch with them!  It doesn't take much to get him to spill the beans!




This little one has to eat before anyone else can enjoy their meal.



Decisions, decisions...


Melissa and Andy, proud mom and dad to cute little Baby Quinn

Rachel and Quinn trying to decide what to order...


This picture cracks me up! :)

Kimberlee with my little screamer...I'm hoping the squeals are a phase!

Turkey barbeque, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and a biscuit...sooooooo good!

Michael got turkey barbeque and pulled pork with greens and fried okra (I didn't make everyone take a picture of their food)

I love this picture!

Mommy and Quinn :)

We wanted a picture of the babies together and Jenni says, "Uhh...how did I get to be in this photo?"

Look at that smile!!

So cute!

And then...Jenni brought out the good stuff!  Cupcakes from Sugarland.  They did the cupcakes for her and Clay's wedding and they are amazing!  Michael and I definitely have a new cupcake shop to visit while we are in Raleigh.  They are so good, they prompted a cupcake photo shoot :)


Hot fudge sundae cupcake....just fabulous!  It won't be my last one of these!




Clay showing me how to look genuinely EXCITED about his cupcake!





Take 1!

Take 2!  Getting a little closer :)


This was such a fun afternoon but its never enough time with these girls.  I will have to plan another visit soon!

2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look SO yummy! And I will have to try that restaraunt next time we are in Raleigh. We live an hour east of there. Didn't realize you lived so close!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you definitely need to try The Pit and Sugarland cupcakes!! But unfortunately I don't live in Raleigh any more :( I lived there for 10 years before I met my husband and we now live in Virginia about an hour and a half north of Raleigh. I miss it so much and can never get enough time to catch up with my friends there. I try to visit as often as I can!

    ReplyDelete