Thursday, May 24, 2012

Weekend Recap!

 We had another busy weekend celebrating, relaxing, and of course...eating!  Friday night we took Grandma Gigi out to eat for a belated Mother's Day dinner at Riptides.  Michael and I had been here one other time before and it is delicious.  If you love seafood you should go check it out!  We had the best oysters any of us had ever had...Hog Island Oysters.




When we got home it was time for a story and then bed!!  Kellan loves a good story but does that second picture look like a little boy ready for sleep?  Why is mommy tired but Kellan looks like he's just getting cranked up?!

He's very into "Fire Truck"


Saturday night Daddy kept Kellan so that mommy could go out for dinner and a movie at Cinebistro for Ansley's birthday!   We went to see The Five Year Engagement. 
It was a really funny movie with an ultimately sweet story but I think I'm getting old because I couldn't get past how terrible the language was and I could have really done without some of the parts.  I don't mind some things but this was a little overkill in my opinion and didn't add to the movie.  However Cinebistro was VERY nice and I will definitely come back to watch another movie.  The most important thing to remember is to get there 30 minutes before your movie so that you can order dinner.  The wait staff brings it to you and you can eat during the movie.  We got crab dip with breadsticks and popcorn chicken.

Emily and Ansley the birthday girl!

Leasa and I with our breadsticks :)
On Sunday we had my Book Club meeting at our house.  Our numbers were a little lower than usual but we still had a great time discussing the book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon.  I love our group and we always have the best discussions at our meetings.


Leasa, Evelyn, me and Lary Ann
I love to try out new recipes and here are a couple from pinterest that I used for our snacks!  Oreo Peanut Butter dip with fruit and pretzels, you can find the recipe here.  Strawberry Shortcake Cookies, you can find the recipe here.
And the snacks!
 What a great weekend spent with friends and family!  Can't wait to see what next weekend has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment