Friday, May 11, 2012

Brooklyn Kate is here!!

I am blessed to have a huge family on both my mom and dad's sides of the family.  I am the oldest of 9 cousins on my mom's side and the oldest of 11 on my dad's side!  So you can imagine what holiday get togethers are like...packed houses!  On my mom's side of the family the next oldest cousin, Dana, is 2 years younger than me and we have always been close.  Her mom Trudy and my mom were best friends growing up and eventually became sister-in-laws!

Dana got married several years before me and of course has always been asked when she and Tommy were going to have kids.  Well ever since Michael and I got married, 2 and a half years ago, whenever someone would ask when she was going to have a baby she would say that she was waiting on me!  She wasn't kidding!  She found out she was pregnant the night after my baby shower in Rockingham (of course she didn't tell until a while after that) given by my aunts.  Not long after I had Kellan she found out she was having a little girl!  We have been so excited for her and Tommy and patiently awaiting the arrival of little Brooklyn Kate!

Dana's due date came and went so she was finally induced on May 7th and Brooklyn arrived on May 8th at 12:22 p.m.  7 pounds 4 ounces and 20 inches!  I LOVE her name!  Dana's middle name is Brooke and Trudy's middle name is Lynn so they combined them to make Brooklyn!  She is absolutely beautiful!



My mom wanted to take my grandma up to Raleigh to see Dana and the baby so Michael, Kellan and I met them at the hospital Wednesday afternoon.  When we got there we found out that babies under 1 are not allowed in the patient rooms so we had to take turns with Kellan in the waiting room.  Michael was trying to teach him how to hold up one finger so maybe he could pass for a 1 year old but no such luck!  I went up first and Michael stayed downstairs with Kellan.

Here is my Grandma Hazel with baby Brooklyn
My mom with this sweet little bundle
Proud new Grandma Trudy
Beautiful new mommy!
Proud Daddy!  Also proud that his car seat installation passed inspection with no corrections needed!! :)
Of course I held Brooklyn myself but wouldn't you know that my camera battery died just as my mom was taking the picture!!  I had new batteries in the diaper bag that was downstairs with Kellan but with the nurses taking her in and out for all of her newborn tests and Dana trying to feed her, I never got a chance to take another picture!  But don't worry, we will be back soon to visit and I will take TONS of pictures!

Here is my grandma with our little wild man!
Playing with Aunt Trudy :)
Playing with Daddy's guest sticker on his head because he kept trying to put it in his mouth!

Dinner at Chili's before we all headed home!
We had such a great visit and will be back soon!  I know she will have changed so much by the next time we see her!  Its hard to believe we were in the exact same spot only a little over 6 months ago!  Little Brooklyn felt light as a feather compared to our almost 19 pound chunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment