Here's daddy and Kellan waiting for us to be called back...look at that face...he doesn't suspect a thing!
|Daddy and Kellan waiting to be seen by Dr. Sibal.|
|Mommy and her happy boy!|
Here are Kellan's stats for this month's visit:
Height: 28 1/4 inches long ~ he's in the 97 percentile! We have a tall little boy!
Weight: 18.4 pounds ~ he is in the 65 percentile...he's gained 4 1/2 pounds since his 4 month visit!
Head Circumference: 17 3/4 inches
|Its amazing how much they change in such a short amount of time. At his 4 month visit he rolled all over the examination table. This time he was not too fond of the crinkling noise that the tissue paper made!|
Sleeping: We try to get Kellan down for the night between 8:30-9 pm. He typically will wake once between 4:30-5, nurse, and then sleeps until 7:30 am when he's up for the day. He is also FINALLY beginning to take 2 naps during the day! I've worked to get him on a feed-wake-sleep schedule so he doesn't need me to nurse to help him sleep. On this schedule he usually needs a nap after being awake for 2 hours. He doesn't usually need a nap in the late afternoon/early evening.
Eating: OK now I'm a very particular mama. I have been very strict about what Kellan eats and I'm sure there will be many more blog posts about that! So far I have made all of his food and he eats twice a day (morning and early evening). Kellan has eaten: Egg YOLKS (no whites), avocado, banana, sweet potato, mango, rutabaga, lamb, papaya, liver, carrots, pear, and butternut squash. The only thing he hasn't really liked is the mango. I don't know why because its very sweet. Like I said I'll blog a lot more in the future about why I've chosen to feed the way that I have.
2. He babbles and squeals ALL THE TIME! He loves to let out LOUD squeals and shrieks when we are in restaurants and grocery stores. Michael and I have a joke that "He's just finding his voice." Well let me tell you...he's definitely found it! Sounds he can make: hey, ya, da and lots of other babbles! He smiles and laughs a lot. He is starting to develop a sense of humor and has the CUTEST giggle and belly laugh when he finds mommy or daddy funny!
3. He is reaching and grabbing for everything!
|I'll just help myself.|
|Just a little bit more!|
6. He is obsessed with the television and for this reason we keep it off for most of the day. He constantly looks up at it to see if its on!
7. He loves to stand up when one of us supports him.
8. He has lots of toys that he enjoys playing with but everything goes immediately to his mouth. He loves to find the tag on anything and chews on it! His toys usually end up being waved around and then thrown down. His favorite toys at the moment are his "taggie" toy, his crackle book, and his soft snake rattle. He is fascinated by everything...even a little piece of lint!
9. Kellan isn't crawling yet but he gets where he wants to go! When he is placed on his back he almost immediately rolls to his tummy. He also rotates and inches his way to whatever he wants on his blanket.
10. His newest toy is his walker. Daddy insisted that he needed one! His little legs aren't quite long enough yet but mommy uses it to pull him around the house :)
11. And last but not least Kellan loves books! He loves to be read to and even tries to turn the pages! He usually gets at least 2 books read to him everyday.
Ok that wraps up this post! Here are a few more pictures of our 6 month old baby! :)