Friday, April 27, 2012

Favorite Restaurant Friday: P.F. Changs!

Tuesday Kellan had a doctor's appointment in Colonial Heights for his 6 month check up.  The doctor's office is about 30 minutes away and Richmond, Virginia is another 30 minutes north.  Whenever we have to drive to Colonial Heights we usually make the most of the day and go to Target, Lowes/Home Depot, out to eat there or drive the rest of the way to Richmond and go shopping, go to Whole Foods, Babies R' Us, or dinner there.  Although we have been known to drive to Richmond at 7 pm just to go to Whole Foods and I've been known to drive to Colonial Heights with Kellan just because I wanted Panera Bread for lunch...so our trips are not always so efficient. 

However!  On Tuesday after Kellan's doctor's appointment we headed to Richmond so that Michael could drop off his EMS recertification paperwork and so that we could use a giftcard that we had to P.F. Changs!  Now let me just say that I do not like Chinese food.  I refuse to eat at a Chinese restaurant and definitely NOT a Chinese buffet...they just look disgusting to me.  But P.F. Changs is another story!  Now they claim to be a "China Bistro"....I don't care what they call themselves...their food is delicious and it doesn't look, taste, or smell like any Chinese food I've ever had.  That's just my opinion. 

Kellan and Daddy waiting on our food.
When we were there on New Year's Eve they were offering a Four Course Meal for Two and it was DELICIOUS.  Well being the piggies that we are we decided to get it again.  For the first course you have the choice between the Egg Drop or Hot and Sour Soup...well we upgraded to the Won Ton Soup because that's what we got last time and it was so good.  Oh. My. Goodness.  This soup is AMAZING!  I could eat a big bowl of just this for my meal.  But its a 4 course meal so you don't have to!!  So the Won Ton soup...I don't know how its normally prepared at other restaurants but at P.F. Changs its pork wontons (little dumplings with steamed pork inside), mushrooms, fresh spinach, water chestnuts, chicken and shrimp in a chicken broth. SO GOOD!
So I took the picture after we'd eaten half of the bowl of soup and most of the chicken lettuce wraps...but you get the idea.
For the Second Course you choose one appetizer from a list of several choices.  We always get the Chicken Lettuce Wraps.  I don't believe I've ever been to P.F. Changs and NOT gotten them...they are a must.

The Third Course is your entree and you each choose one from a list of several options.  I always get Changs Spicy Chicken and  Michael usually gets Beef and Broccoli.  They are really big portions and we always end up with plenty to take home for lunch the next day (yes even we have leftovers)!
Once again...should have taken the picture BEFORE we devoured most of it!

I was starting to get full and Kellan was getting fussy so I entertained him while Daddy finished his entree.  I have Kellan all day so when we go out to eat Daddy usually takes charge of the entertaining.  Kellan had a diaper change right before this and it appears all of his snaps didn't quite make it closed ;)
While we were waiting on dessert it appears that Daddy is giving Kellan a lesson on his phone.

Now on to the Fourth Course...dessert!! You have the choice of 2 mini desserts or you can upgrade to a bigger dessert to share. Of course we upgraded to the Great Wall of Chocolate...and Michael asked for a side of whipped cream :)


Toes on the table and grabbing for the tea...our little wild man :)
P.F. Changs is the just the first of what I'm sure will be MANY restaurant blog posts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment