Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day a day early at an oyster roast.  There are not many foods that I love more than a good oyster.  I love them raw the best but I can't have them while I'm pregnant so I settled for the steamed.  Michael and I both ate waaaaay too many and Kellan even had one or two.  He was more into the fried fish, cornbread, and hush puppies though.  Kellan had an awesome time throwing sticks into the woods with another little boy that he met named Benjamin.  


Less talking daddy...just point me to the food...


He hadn't found any food yet but he did find his Great Papa :)




Don't even THINK about taking my fish or cornbread


This was our fourth or fifth pile...I lost count somewhere during the eating...


This little boy LOVES to be outside and he had such a good time running around and exploring...thank goodness Gigi and Carol were there to chase him so that Michael and I could spend more time eating :)


Playing with Benjamin in the leaves...he loves finding older kids to play with and he is not shy at all.  If he spots another child, he just walks right over and joins in whatever they are doing.  I even saw him take a few swipes at poor Benjamin with a stick!  Where does he get this behavior from???!!
Of course I have to have a little St. Patrick's decor around the house!  Its not much but its the little things that make me happy :)

My Skittles rainbow creation...thank you Pinterest :)

What holiday is complete without seasonal dish towels?

And to finish up this post here is my little leprechaun from last St. Patrick's Day.  It breaks my heart to see how much he has grown up in just one short year :(







I hope everyone has a great St. Patrick's Day and at the very least I hope you wear a little green!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love your little leprechaun all dressed up! I don't remember those pictures from last year. Did you share them on Facebook? Well, the behavior thing (hitting, playing with sticks, etc.) seems to just be pretty typical boy behavior. Just wait until you have two and see the action unfold. Haha! Kellan definitely seems to be a happy boy although he does look pretty serious about his food. :-)

    ReplyDelete